SACE | Southern Alliance for Clean Energy
SECCN: Florida’s Renewable Energy Future
The Southern Alliance for Clean Energy (SACE) will host a webinar on renewable energy potential in Florida on Tuesday, March 10th from 11:30 am – 12:30 pm EST on behalf of the Southeast Coastal Climate Network (SECCN) and the Florida Climate Alliance. Our featured speaker is George Cavros, an energy law attorney in a private practice in Ft. Lauderdale and clean energy policy consultant for SACE. He will discuss the “nuts and bolts” of the renewable portfolio standard (RPS) being considered by the Florida state legislature and how you can help make it a reality!
Please join us to discuss:
• Why renewable energy is important to Florida’s economy and environment;
• What the potential for renewable energy is in Florida;
• How the renewable portfolio standard (RPS) will work;
• How the nuclear industry is trying to undermine the goals of the RPS;
• How you can help get a clean and strong Florida RPS passed this session!
Please join our “virtual brown bag lunch.” Please forward this invitation to others you think might be interested.