SACE | Southern Alliance for Clean Energy
Join the Charleston Climate Conversation
Community leaders, academic and government officials, business and faith leaders are invited to attend the only Southeast Climate Conversation forum in Charleston to gather new insights about the climate-related challenges facing you, your business, and your community, and to identify the information you need to make more informed decisions about these challenges. You will have an opportunity to:
• Share your experiences with extreme weather events or other changes in your community that may be related to climate change.
• Discuss ways to respond to these changes both individually and in partnership with others such as health care providers, farmers, businesspeople, housing leaders, faith-based community representatives, and coastal managers.
• Discuss scientific research and policy efforts that are on-going or need to be undertaken.
• Consider specific actions that you and others can take to affect national and regional climate analysis that will benefit your community, your business, and your region.
• Connect and exchange views with a diverse group of regional thought leaders.
This unique stakeholder forum is being hosted by The Keystone Center in support of the National Climate Assessment (NCA) process, an ongoing effort of the federal government to compile comprehensive knowledge on the impacts of, and options for adapting to, climate change across the country. This is the first of a number of Climate Conversations to be held nationwide, but the only one in the Southeast, and the results of which will be shared with you and other participants and will be provided as input to the NCA process.
Due to space constraints, attendance is limited. Please register as soon as possible to insure your place at the table.