SACE | Southern Alliance for Clean Energy
2012 Run for Clean Air
The 9th annual local air quality awareness event & fundraiser, managed by the East Tennessee Clean Fuels Coalition, is scheduled to take place this year on Saturday, May 12th, at 9:00 a.m.
This fun‐filled morning of family activity is centered around educating participants on regional air quality issues while encouraging exercise in a beautiful East Tennessee setting. Cherokee Boulevard is closed off for us and it is usually just beautiful. The uniqueness of our event is centered on the transportation aspects of it, with much attention paid to alternative fuels and higher fuel economy vehicles. We expect a significant increase in electric vehicle information and vehicles onsite for 2012. Raising funds for ETCleanFuels is a big part of this event as the funds help us work on alt fuels and air quality in the region as well as diversify our coalition’s funding sources. The following are the major activities that take place:
– 5k run and walk; we invite individuals, families and teams to participate
– Multiple displays on regional air quality issues and solutions, and a 20+ alternative fuel vehicle showcase. An AFV Ride‐n‐Drive too! Ride‐n‐Drive starts at 11am (post‐Run).
– “Clean Air Q‐n‐A” session with free prizes (main part of the clean air info we provide, updated annually)
– A chance to mingle with others in the community that are using alternative fuel vehicles or hybrids for their personal use or in their fleets and learn from their experiences
– Free massages for run participants thanks to New Horizon Wellness Centers!
– Healthy as well as Tasty food choices
– And a significant number of fabulous door prizes! A bevy of great partners makes our long list of prizes a major attraction for our event.
See the Run Website – www.RunforCleanAir.org – to learn all about last year’s event, see pictures from previous runs and pre-register now.