SACE | Southern Alliance for Clean Energy
SC Businesses Call on Gov. Haley to Oppose Offshore Drilling
State House Press Conference Will Raise Business Voice Against Offshore Drilling
Contact: Alice Morrisey, Don’t Drill SC–Lowcountry; 843-442-5778; firstname.lastname@example.org
Columbia, S.C. (December 9, 2015) – Business owners and businesses associations will host a press conference on Wednesday December 16 to issue a joint statement from hundreds of businesses throughout South Carolina, opposing offshore drilling off of South Carolina’s coast and calling on Governor Haley to make sure that South Carolina is not included in the federal government’s near term plans for drilling. The representatives from the business community will then deliver a letter signed by the hundreds of businesses to Governor Haley’s office.
WHEN: WEDNESDAY, December 16, 1:00 p.m.
WHO: Business owners and business association representatives, with comments from:
- Robert Barber, Bowens Island Restaurant
- Peg Howell – Howell Consulting Group
- Frank Knapp – South Carolina Small Business Chamber of Commerce
- Sandra Bundy – Realtor – Murrells Inlet
- Rick Baumann – Murrells Inlet Sea Food
- Kathie Livingston – Bulls Bay Chamber of Commerce, Nature Adventures Outfitters, SC Paddlesports Industries Association, SC Nature-Based Tourism Association
Speakers will be available to speak with the press before and after the event.
WHERE: South Carolina State Capitol Building, First Floor Lobby, 1100 Gervais Street, Columbia
Don’t Drill SC-Lowcountry is a citizen-led non-partisan grassroots movement to protect South Carolina’s spectacular coastline from offshore drilling.