SACE | Southern Alliance for Clean Energy
2016 Asheville Home Garden & Green Living Show: The Ins & Outs of Electric Cars
The Ins and Outs of Electric Cars at the 2016 Asheville Home Garden and Green Living Show
Electric vehicles (EV) will be the focus of the upcoming Green Living Show. The Blue Ridge EV club, a local organization dedicated to creating awareness about the environment and Electric Vehicles, will be bringing their cars and knowledge.
SEMINARS on EV’s:
- Learn about: “Integrating Solar with Transportation Today”, from Brightfield® CEO Stan Cross, on Friday March 18th; 4:00 to 5:00 pm.
- The BREV club will myth bust the misinformation about electric cars. Get the real facts why EV’s are “The Right Solution for the Environment and the Economy,” presented by Dave Erb, UNCA Professor of Mechatronics on Friday March 18th; 5:30 to 6:30pm
- Step inside an EV owner’s world with Joe Baum, a retired automotive engineer when he presents: “What is an Electric Vehicle ad what it’s like to own one”, on Saturday March 19th; 11:00 am to noon.
- Not all EVs are born electric! Learn how to convert a car to all electric with Kent Barnes when he presents: “Electric vehicles – build your own”, on Saturday March 19th. Kent Barnes has a decade worth of experience converting gas cars to electric and has taught workshops at several community colleges in the area.
- For electric cars to be a viable transportation option, charging stations have to be installed. The growth of electric charging stations has been exponential in the last few years. One of the local advocates in this process has been Bob Harris, founder of Black Bear Solar Institute. Bob will talk about: “The Infrastructure for Charging Electric Vehicles”, on Saturday March 19th from 3:30 to 4:00 pm.
All seminars will take place in the Green Rides Seminar Room on the basement level of the US Cellular Center. Admission to the home show is required. For more information contact us at: email@example.com