In June 2014, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) announced carbon pollution standards called the Clean Power Plan that will set the first-ever limits on carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions from existing fossil-fueled power plants (limits for new power plants were proposed in 2013). Read our blog about what these proposed rules will mean for the Southeastern United States and learn more about carbon pollution and the Clean Air Act here.
Tell EPA you support the proposed rule to limit harmful carbon pollution from these power plants – send in your comment before the October 21 deadline!
These new safeguards will reduce emissions by approximately 30% nationally from existing coal-fired and gas-fired units by 2030 from 2005 levels.
Carbon pollution also contributes to warmer temperatures which is speeding the spread of infectious diseases. Both extreme weather events and the aforementioned range of health threats have a disproportionate impact on vulnerable communities here in the Southeast, most notably children, the elderly, communities of color and low-income residents.
Despite these risks to our communities, economy and public health, polluting companies will continue to spend millions of dollars trying to preserve the status quo and urge lawmakers to weaken, delay or stop this rule from coming into effect.
Click here to submit an official comment in favor of this proposed Clean Power Plan rule and offer support for these health-saving measures.
- You can also mail your comments to: Environmental Protection Agency, EPA Docket Center (EPA/DC), Mailcode 28221T, Attention Docket ID No. OAR–2013-0602, 1200 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20460, Docket ID No. EPA-HQ-OAR-2013-0602
- Or you can fax your comments to: 202-566-9744, Attn: Docket ID No. EPA-HQ-OAR-2013-0602
- Or even hand deliver your comments to: EPA Docket Center, Room 3334, 1301 Constitution Ave., NW, Washington, DC, 20460. Such deliveries are only accepted during the Docket’s normal hours of operation, and special arrangements should be made for deliveries of boxed information.
- Tell EPA you support this rule
- Read about the Atlanta hearing and rally (July 29-30)
- Learn more about Carbon Pollution & the Clean Air Act
- Tell the White House you support this rule
- Write a Letter to the Editor in support of this rule
- Learn more about EPA’s proposed rule
- Read our carbon pollution-related blogs