The Southern Alliance for Clean Energy (SACE) seeks a full-time Decarbonization Manager to help develop, grow, and maintain our clean energy efforts across the Southeast region.
The Southern Alliance for Clean Energy (SACE) is a regional, not-for-profit environmental advocacy organization that promotes responsible and equitable energy choices to ensure clean, safe, and healthy communities throughout the Southeast. As a leading voice for energy policy in our region, SACE is focused on transforming the way we produce and consume energy in the Southeast.
This position will focus efforts on advancing clean energy with the target of canceling or delaying fossil gas-fired electric generation proposals and retiring coal-fired electric generation. The Decarbonization Manager will work within SACE’s utility-focused team through electric regulatory processes, stakeholder processes, direct and indirect communications with utility staff, regulators, policymakers, and the public across several Southeast states.
Relevant qualifications for the Decarbonization Manager may include experience with or knowledge of fossil fuel infrastructure, electric regulations, electric reliability and system analysis, clean energy generation and storage resources, and electric transmission. Existing capabilities in all or many of these areas encouraged but not required. Experience in these areas in the Southeast will be particularly valuable.
The Decarbonization Manager will report to the Research Director and work regularly with the Solar Director, Energy Efficiency Director, and Energy Policy Manager. Daily tasks will include
- Coordination with legal representation, experts, and allies on regulatory strategy, testimony, and comments in state regulatory dockets.
- Assistance with public-facing statements and resources with the help of the Research Director and SACE’s communications team.
- Participation in utility or regulator led stakeholder processes and events.
- Attendance of meetings, conferences, and hearings that can be in-person throughout the Southeast or virtual.
- Forming, maintaining, and utilizing relationships with utility staff, regulatory staff, experts, and ally organizations throughout the region.
- Development of an understanding of federal, state, and local policies that can be used to help prevent, cancel or delay new investments in gas-fired electric generation and/or retire, accelerate retirement, or reduce usage at existing fossil generation.
- Work with SACE staff to develop analyses and resources to use in advocacy across the region.
The Southern Alliance for Clean Energy recognizes that its continued success requires a staff of hardworking, intelligent people from diverse backgrounds. SACE is an equal opportunity employer and considers candidates for employment without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, gender, disability, veteran, marital status, or sexual orientation.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter describing your qualifications to [email protected] with the subject line “Decarbonization Manager.” References will be required of candidates during the interview process, and a background check may be performed. Due to the high volume of inquiries we receive, we are unable to personally respond to all applicants. Please be assured that every application is reviewed and considered by our HR Director as well as a senior member of our staff.
This is a full-time position based in the southeast United States. This position may work out of SACE offices in Knoxville, Tennessee or Atlanta, Georgia; or this position may work remotely from a location in the Southeast.
SACE offers a full benefits package including flexible time off, health insurance, 401k matching, paid vacation, paid sick leave, parental leave, sabbatical and generous holiday time off. Additionally, SACE will provide support for training to deepen skillset when appropriate.