We are pleased to announce that we are re-opening our retail biodiesel fueling station in Atlanta. Our new fueling station is hooked up, fueled up, and is currently being tested! We will host a grand opening and ribbon-cutting at the station on June 21 from 12-2 p.m. For details, click here and please stop by!
As many of you know, over the past two years, Southern Alliance for Clean Energy (SACE) has built a strong partnership with Down To Earth Energy (DTEE), a Georgia-based biodiesel research and production facility. As of July 1, 2011, DTEE took over the business operations of SACE’s biodiesel company, Clean Energy Biofuels (CEB), including grease collection, biodiesel production, and some aspects of the wholesale operations. SACE will remain as the owner of the retail fueling station in the near term, with all other aspects of biodiesel production process handled by CEB.
CEB is the only full circle biodiesel company in Georgia providing all the services under one company. All of the fuel meets American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) specifications and is generated solely from waste cooking oil using 100% renewable, solar electricity to power fuel production. This creates a biodiesel that is a huge step beyond what other companies are offering in our state.
Clean fuels, like those produced through CEB, are the greenest liquid transportation fuel for diesel operations. Below are some highlights about what makes CEB’s biodiesel a great choice for diesel drivers:
- CEB biodiesel is a better biodiesel. We produce a better biodiesel because we use only recovered oils from local food service providers and we process those oils locally using 100% solar power. We do not use virgin oils.
- CEB biodiesel is a local fuel. Our feedstock is local, our production is local, and we only sell to local customers.
- CEB biodiesel is a cleaner fuel. Biodiesel produces far less toxic emissions. Compared to conventional diesel fuel, biodiesel reduces emissions related to asthma and cancer. It contains no sulfur and is carbon-neutral (possibly carbon-negative when using recovered oil-based biodiesel).
- CEB biodiesel is a safer fuel. Biodiesel is 100% non-toxic, less toxic than even table salt, and biodegrades at the same rate as sugar, about four times faster than petroleum diesel. This makes biodiesel safer to store, handle and clean up.
- CEB biodiesel is a domestic fuel. Biodiesel helps reduce demand for petroleum and reduces our dependence on foreign oil. Using CEB biodiesel also ensures that your fuel is local and not made in the Midwest (or elsewhere), which helps our local economy.
- CEB biodiesel is a compatible fuel. Biodiesel can be used in any diesel engine without conversions. It adds lubricity to your engine and help clean out old sulfur residue left from petroleum diesel fuel. Please check with your manufacturer for guidelines while using biodiesel in your particular vehicle.
Our retail biodiesel fueling station is also part of the U.S. Department of Energy’s Clean Cities I-75 Clean Corridor program, which seeks to create the longest alternative fuels corridor in the United States. Learn more about this initiative here.
Visit our events page for details on the GRAND-OPENING AND RIBBON-CUTTING CEREMONY. All are welcome to attend.