Contact: Alissa Jean Schafer, Southern Alliance for Clean Energy, [email protected], 865-235-1448
Nashville, Tenn. (November 1, 2017) – As the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) continues to threaten the development of solar energy across the Valley, a new initiative is being launched to defend fair access to affordable, renewable energy. A diverse coalition of allies (speakers listed below) will introduce Tennesseans for Solar Choice and explain the urgency in protecting Tennesseans’ right to choose solar energy and ensure that decisions made by TVA are fair for all consumers.
WHEN: Wednesday, November 8th at 11:00 a.m. CT
WHERE: Lentz Health Center, Board Room, 3rd floor, 2500 Charlotte Ave, Nashville, TN 37209. Southern Alliance for Clean Energy will stream the proceedings via Facebook Live on SACE’s page here.
- Dr. Stephen A. Smith, Southern Alliance for Clean Energy
- Lenda Sherrell, Tennessee Small Business Alliance
- Debbie Dooley, Conservatives for Energy Freedom
- Matt Beasley, Tennessee Solar Energy Industries Association
- Representative, National Association for Advancement of Colored People (NAACP)
Tennesseans for Solar Choice is a diverse and multi-partisan coalition, working to remove the market barriers and enable the fair expansion of solar power to benefit all Tennesseans.