SACE staff and several Memphis allies invite you to attend our Energy Justice Town Hall to learn why Memphians have the highest energy burdens in the country – and share your own story as we discuss suggestions for solutions.
City leaders as well as health and energy policy experts will be on hand to explain causes of energy burdens, health effects of poorly weatherized housing, current efforts to support smart low-income energy efficiency and weatherization programs and answer your questions.
Event Info: Energy Justice Town Hall this Thursday – Jan 12, 6-7:30PM, Benjamin L. Hooks Central Library at 3030 Poplar Ave in Memphis.
Giveaways: MLGW will give away free small energy efficiency kits to every attendee – and 5 lucky people will receive large energy efficiency kits in a raffle at the end of the event.
Panelists will include:
- Patrice Robinson, Memphis City Councilwoman
- Paul Young, Director of Memphis Office of Housing and Community Development
- Clint Richardson, Manager of Customer Relations, MLGW
- Linda Williams, member of MLGW Neighborhood Advisory Council
- Susan Steppe, Director of LeBonheur, CHAMP program
- Angela Garrone, Energy Research Attorney, Southern Alliance for Clean Energy
Have questions? Contact Angela Garrone with SACE at 901-827-3687 or [email protected].